Wednesday, April 8, 2009

LEED v3.0

One of the reasons I was so very stressed about passing the AP exam on May 5 was that starting April first I would have been unable to register for the v2.2 and would need to take the new version. Why is this a problem? There are a couple of reasons. First and foremost is that I have been studying for v2.2 and v3.0 will be set up differently with some changes to content. Secondly there are very few good study guides out for v3.0. (This was one of my problems with trying to take the exam in April '07. By the time I had good resources I was neck deep in brand new CA responsibilities and working 11 hour days.) Lastly, USGBC has a reputation for increasing the difficulty of each new version of the exam. I don't think this is to intentionally make life more difficult for candidates, but reflects the evolution of green building standards.

Now as I embark on my journey to architectural licensure and am happy to find that both my knowledge of sustainability and construction document creation along with a working knowledge of code is decreasing the amount of study I will need. Let's hear it for the value of internships.

No comments: